Friday, April 16, 2010

Teapot Sketches

So I am on the Prattonia 2010 yearbook team this year for our graduating year. We have about 7 Students (including me) working on 142 pages this year in a 7 month period. We have 2 Professors Kimmel and Kaupert that are our advisor. Sometimes we had meetings at their studio or house. It's pretty hilarious because they are like complete opposites. Kimmel's studio was very rustic, antique, yet homely because there was his kids drawings everywhere and Kaupert's condo was sleek, white, and looked like it came right out of the Ikea catalogue. Any I wanted to explain this because: 1. I'll probably mention the yearbook sooner or later. 2. This sketch was inspired by what was around Professor Kaupert's home. Though, I have to admit that I was also working on branding a teapot company for my Senior Project class AND I am in a ceramics class so I am making the teapot set for that class. Alas, I ramble on for a simple sketch, but I wanted my first post to explain more about what is going on in my life :)





Currently, I am an Intern at Sears Holdings as a Graphic Artist/Illustrator. I design Girl Tween Apparel for the Sears BE spring/summer 2011 line.

So, using the sketch as an inspiration I created this:




all work is copyrighted to Jane Yoo

No comments: